手機APP下載

您現在的位置: 首頁 > 英語聽力 > 英語聽力入門 > 環球慢速英語 > 正文

第900期:安德烈亞斯·霍費爾(4)

來源:可可英語 編輯:Helen ?  可可英語APP下載 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


掃描二維碼進行跟讀打分訓練

Hofer was not afraid of death.

霍費爾不怕死。

He wanted to be at peace with men and God.

他想與人和上帝和平共處。

And he wanted the money he had to go to poor people.

他想要把他擁有的錢捐給窮人。

He explained this in a letter to his sister’s husband.

他在給他姐夫的一封信中解釋了這一點。

He wrote this, only a few hours before his death; “It is the will of God that I leave this earth and go on to the next life.

就在他去世前幾個小時,他寫道:“是上帝的旨意要我離開這個世界,去往來世。

But I thank God that this is not difficult for me...God will help me until my last breath.

但這對我來說并不困難,為此我感謝上帝……上帝會一直幫助我,直到我咽下最后一口氣。

Then my spirit will be happy with God’s chosen people for ever.

這樣,我的靈魂就會快樂地與神所揀選的子民同在,直到永遠。

I will ask for mercy for every person.

我會為每一個人祈求寬恕。

And I will also ask God to forgive me for the wrong things I have done.

我也會祈求上帝原諒我所做的錯事。

I shall also ask for mercy for you and for your good wife.”

我也會為你和你的賢妻祈求寬恕?!?/p>

“To die is so easy that my eyes have no tears.

“死亡是如此容易,我的眼里都沒有眼淚。

I write this at five o’clock in the morning.

我在早上五點寫下這封信。

At nine o’clock I will, with the help of all the holy people, arrive before God”.

九點鐘時,我將在所有圣人的幫助下,來到上帝面前”。

Andreas Hofer died fighting for the freedom of his country.

安德烈亞斯·霍費爾直到去世時還在為國家自由而戰。

But he never stopped believing that it would be free.

但他始終相信他的國家會獲得自由。

And four years after his death, his words came true.

在他死后四年,他的話成真了。

Tyrol did become Austrian again.

蒂羅爾確實重新回到了奧地利。

A statue of Hofer stands at Bergisel, in the city of Innsbruck, Austria.

霍費爾的雕像矗立在奧地利因斯布魯克市的伯吉瑟爾。

People look at it and remember the history of their country.

人們看著它,記住了他們國家的歷史。

They remember that they are lucky to live in a free country.

他們記得,他們很幸運地生活在一個自由的國家。

They remember that people gave their lives fighting for such freedom.

他們記得,為了這樣的自由,人們獻出了自己的生命。

And they remember Andreas Hofer - a man who died for the country he loved.

他們也記住了安德烈亞斯·霍費爾--一位為他所愛的國家而犧牲的人。

譯文屬可原創,僅供流使用,未經許可請轉載

重點單詞   查看全部解釋    
statue ['stætju:]

想一想再看

n. 塑像,雕像

聯想記憶
mercy ['mə:si]

想一想再看

n. 憐憫,寬恕,仁慈,恩惠
adj.

 
?
發布評論我來說2句

    最新文章

    可可英語官方微信(微信號:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英語學習資料.

    添加方式1.掃描上方可可官方微信二維碼。
    添加方式2.搜索微信號ikekenet添加即可。
    国产一级毛片午夜福利